Monday, October 13, 2014

How owning virtual goods can lower your materialism

I need this, I need that. Everybody needs things and wants to own kewl stuff. Most people would luxury their apperance with glamour fashion or enhance their house hold, others would buy sports cars. The world is filled with endless numbers of fancy things. Our egoistic point of view let's us build sand castles and indeed this is pure materialism.


(Well, not really – and that's the point)


Me, me, me. Hmm, or maybe a Me-410? Maybe a Galaxy Class spaceship. Uh wow, a Nimitz Class Carrier. Ah, I allways wanted a Learjet. I need that stuff, I need it!! But wait, I'm no pilot nor a BigShip Captain, dang it.

Now instead of spending money on things you don't really need how about spending money or grind time for things you entirely ain't needing at all? That's right, virtual goods, LadGents. They make you feel happy and they don't stand around when you get bored of them. Some spend millions on ingame items, which is no different to beeing fanatic with something. But heres the point, I think it's not bad to move someones need for material goods into the virtual world. Maybe it's because those people may have understood that you can't allways get what you want, especially in real life. If you ask me if Porsche or Spaceship guess what my answer would be. Real life is limited, your virtual Avatar is pure fantasy and that's exactly what provides endless possibilities to gain access to dreamy stuff.


People that don't have much are happy with less. Theres nothing more to say. Grind on, LadGents.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message if you like.