Saturday, September 20, 2014

My main inspiration is knowing a lot of ugly game assets ;]

It's sad but people like me don't have the in-depth gameplay, RPG or storyline experience. All they want to achieve is to fulfill their dreams and so they wait and wait for specific features and the things that they would shout for. Some of them read dev blogs for breakfast. Same here. Others create entire new Sagas but let's not talk about guys like Roddenberry or Lucas or Cameron again.


When I was a child gaming was a lot of fun and felt like watching a great movie. I got to be totally fascinated and the value of entertainment I had was allways good. I don't know what exactly changed but decades ago I believed that Space Invaders had very immersive graphics. Many people felt the same I guess. :] Now when playing vid games, why do I get bored so fast? I still take part as a player / grinder and yeah I still play vid games from time to time.

Today I mod more and more instead of playing. Things inspire me to create new things only because I am aware of further waiting for this and that and that. There was I time when I was thinking that someone will for sure create and publish the same thing I want. Unfortunately, this happened only a couple of times so I have to depend on myself to get what I want. I stopped to play lots of games because of that. Now I only rely on specific game engines that offer further expansion possibilities. However, I guess I should play more with the Cry engine or other engines but first things first I need to have my own wagon to drive around the maps looking for things to improve. This might be the main reason I am developing a all surface vehicle for use in different 'modable' video games.

Beeing a creative person I must have missed a lot of things along the path of entertainment. I can't continue to depend on movie makers and video game studios so I'm just another guy on the internet creating mods. There are others out there that do a kinda similar thing drawing or modeling stuff and I wish they would join us video game modders all around the web. I don't know what they play but I can see clearly that some really impressive game engines need more developers and most of all more great asset designers. If Daniel Simon decides to design ingame assets I could immediately shut down this blog. ;]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message if you like.